We are proud that at the Amigos Academy our students receive the most complete and holistic education in Chinandega.
Last school year we were able to accomplish a lot, JUNTOS:
- 200 rural Nicaraguan students and their families were served.
- More than 90,000 plates of nutritious food were served using organic produce from our school farm.
- 1,400 hours were spent in counseling sessions with students and parents, working through issues and promoting mental health and wellness.
- 98% attendance rate was achieved, meaning that the investment per student is being maximized to create a brighter future for our students. In other rural schools, the attendance rate this year was 78%.
- 100% of our student body received computer classes and daily English classes which means our students will be adequately prepared for high school, college, and the competitive workforce.
The story of Justin, Lisel, Pablo, and Marisol is one of those examples.
Last year, all three of Marisol’s kids, Justin in 6th, Lisel in 2nd, and Pablo in 1st entered the school year malnourished and emotionally impacted by the uncertain circumstances of their household.