Join Our Team
Group Health Nurse
As a member of the Partnerships Team, you care about people. You and your team will work to build relationships that inspire partners to invest their time, talent, and/or resources in Amigos for Christ over the long term.
You and your team focus on Mission Groups. You ensure that, from electrolyte levels to ace bandage application, each and every person is feeling 100% throughout their time in Nicaragua. The goal is that everyone has a safe and healthy week.
- Collaborate with other nurses and staff to keep group members (missionaries) safe and healthy, provide basic first aid
- Prevention of illnesses and injuries by educating both group members and staff
- To assess and provide safe and effective IV therapy if necessary (mostly for dehydration)
- Respond with proper care to possible emergencies (broken arm, heart attack, heat stroke), accurately assess if other medical attention is necessary and transport to the closest, best possible care facility
- Generate weekly medical report for each week to ensure that there are no serious health concerns prior to arrival
- Provide information to groups and individuals on how to prevent dehydration and stay healthy
- Research and creatively add health teaching to encourage group health, employee safety, and involvement